The Robert Long House 250th Anniversary Lecture Series
As part of the year long celebration of the 250th Anniversary of the Robert Long House, the Preservation Society is presenting a series of lectures and tours on various topics of the History of Fell's Point & Historic Preservation. Below are videos of the lectures.
"A Birthday Worth Celebrating" fundraiser, January 31, 2016
- Introduction - Kay Hogan, President, The Preservation Society
- Opening Comments - David Gleason, Chair, The Robert Long House Anniversary Committee
- Second Chance, Inc. - Kathleen Bradley, Development Director
- Guest Speaker - Robert Embry, President of the Abell Foundation and former Housing Commissioner, highlighting preservation in Baltimore and its impact on the city's revitalization
History at Risk webisode about this fundraiser. See www.historyatrisk.com/2016-5.html for more information.
"Historic Preservation Panel Discussion" Moderator: Charles B. Duff, President, Jubilee Baltimore, November 12, 2015
- "Historic Preservation and Economic Development" by Joseph M. Cronyn, Principal with Lipman, Frizzle & Mitchell, LLC, Real Estate Consultants
- "Historic Preservation and Social Change" by Mel Freeman, former Executive Director, Citizens Planning & Housing Assoc., Inc.
- "Historic Preservation and Urban Policy" by Thomas Stosur, Director, Baltimore City Department of Planning
- Q&A/talkback from the audience
"Polish Immigration in Fell's Point 1870-1930 "
Dr. Jean H. Baker, March 26, 2015
"Economic Development in 18th Century Fell's Point"
Dr. Edward C. Papenfuse, Jr., October 15, 2015
"The African-American Community in Fell's Point, 1760-1860"
Dr. Helena S. Hicks, May 28, 2015
These videos were filmed and made available for viewing as a public service of Tonal Vision LLC, a Fell's Point video production company.